Unless the context provides otherwise, the words and expressions set out below will have the following meanings and cognate expressions shall have corresponding meanings:
1. “Competition” means the competition listed in Clause 1 of the Schedule, organized by the Promoter and open all people residing in the Republic of South Africa.
2. “Competition Period” means the period set out in Clause 2 of the Schedule.
3. “Goods” means the goods set out in Clause 3 of the Schedule.
4. “Participant” means a person who enters the Competition.
5. “Participating Stores” mean retailers of the Goods in the Republic of South Africa which are approved by the Promoter to participate in the Competition.
6. “Promoter” means Reckitt Benckiser Pharmaceuticals Proprietary Limited (Registration Number: 1943/016101/07) a company duly incorporated in accordance with the company laws of the Republic of South Africa.
7. “Prize” means the prize set out in Clause 4 of the Schedule.
Application of Terms and Conditions
By choosing to enter the Competition, the Participant agrees to be bound by the following terms and conditions, which the Participant acknowledges to have read and understood.
1. Entry Requirements
1. In order to be eligible for Participation in this Competition an entrant must:
1.1. Be a South African citizen or permanent resident over the age of 18 (eighteen) years.
1.2. Successfully enter the Competition in accordance with the entry mechanism set out in clause 5 of the Schedule
1.3. Agree to permit the Promoter to collect his/her personal information for the purpose of the Competition and the Promoter’s product marketing and development
1.4. Undertake to abide by these Rules.
2. Participants may only enter this Competition through the mechanic set out in Clause 5 of the Schedule.
3. Entries via any other mechanic other than that in Clause 5 of the Schedule shall not be considered.
4. Only entries received within the Competition Period will be considered. The Competition closes at midnight on the Closing Date as specified in Clause 2 of the Schedule (the “Closing Date”) and no other entries thereafter shall be considered.
5. The Competition will be limited to the Republic of South Africa
2. Award Terms
1. The Prize winners shall be determined via random draw as set out in the Schedule.
2. Any prize not taken up for any reason within two months of notification will be forfeited.
3. All winners will be required to provide their names and contact details and to sign an acknowledgment of receipt of the prize.
4. In the event that the Prize winner cannot be successfully contacted within 24 hours of the final decision or is unable, for any reason whatsoever, to accept the prize, a replacement winner will be randomly drawn from the remaining qualifying participants in the draw in accordance with same process and procedures as applicable to the original draw.
3. Use of Personal Information
1. Personal information is information relating to a Participant. Personal information includes a Participant’s identity number, passport number and contact details as well as any photograph (if applicable).
2. This information may be collected by the Promoter or its agency on behalf of the Promoter for the purpose of this Competition such as but not limited to Competition draw, contacting any participant’s, finalists and/or winner/s, announcing any finalists and/or winner/s.
3. At all times, any personal information shall be transferred to the Promoter in accordance with the law of the Republic of South Africa implement security measures in accordance with applicable laws to safeguard the Participant’s personal information.
4. By entering this Competition and providing the required information, a Participant agrees that the Promoter and/or its agent may use his/her personal information in connection with the Competition. Save for personal information that the Promoter is required or authorized by law to collect, the provision of such personal information is voluntary, but should the Participant not provide all the required information then s/he may not be able to participate in the Competition.
5. As far as the law allows, each Participant agrees and gives the Promoter and/or its agent permission to collect, get, receive, record, organise, collate, store, update, use and share all of his/her personal information for all purposes relating to the Competition. The Participant also agrees to the Promoter sharing the personal information with third parties for the purposes set out above. Furthermore, the Participant understands and agrees that his/her personal information may be transferred to and accessed from locations outside South Africa, and the Participant hereby agrees to the transfer of personal information to locations outside South Africa for the purposes set out above.
6. A Participant may ask the Promoter at any time to correct or confirm any personal information if it is wrong or out of date. At all material times hereto, the personal information processed by Reckitt will be managed in terms of its Privacy Notice, which is available at www.reckitt.com/privacy-policy/.
7. Each Participant warrants that he/she has the authority to allow the Promoter to use his/her personal information for purposes of the Competition. The Promoters will not use any Participant’s personal information in any way which breaks the law and undertakes to keep all personal information of Participants secure and for as long as the law requires.
8. The Participant agrees that any photographs taken of them in relation to this Competition become the property of the Promoter to use in any marketing campaigns as the Promoter deems fit and the Participant hereby consents to the usage of his/her photograph and/or full names to be used in any marketing campaigns and/or Competition announcements. The Participant shall have no claim for any compensation for use of the photograph.
4. Warranties and Indemnities
1. The Promoter, its employees, officers, directors, agents and associates and the Participating Stores, their employees, officers, directors, agents and associates (the “Indemnified Parties”) shall not be liable for and the Participants hereby indemnify and hold the Indemnified Parties harmless from any claim, liability, cost, expense or penalty suffered or incurred by any person as a result of participating in the Competition.
2. All products given as part of the Prizes are subject to all applicable warranties, guarantees and instructions of use accompanying such products.
5. Alteration of time period of the Competition
The Organisers Promoter reservereserves the right to extend, shorten or suspend the time period of the Competition whenever it should so choose for technical, commercial, or operational reasons, or for the greater public good, or due to a “force majeure” (a cause which could not be anticipated and/or are beyond the Promoters’ control) or generally for any reason whatsoever within its sole discretion, on condition that it notifies the participants in a manner that is expedient according to its best ability.
6. Force Majeure
In the event of any act of God, strike, war, warlike operation, rebellion, riot, civil commotion, lockout, combination of workmen, interference of trade unions, suspension of labour, fire, accident, or (without regard to the foregoing enumeration) of any circumstances arising or action taken beyond or outside the reasonable control of the Promoter preventing them from the performance of any obligation to a Participant (any such event hereinafter called "Force Majeure") then the Promoter shall be relieved of all such obligations to the Participant during the period that such Force Majeure continues and shall not be liable for any delay or failure in the performance of any obligations or loss or damage which the Participant may suffer due to or resulting from the Force Majeure.
7. Image Rights
1. The Promoters may request the winner/s to be identified and photographed and to have the photographs published in various media (for which no fee will be payable), including but not limited to print and web-based media, or to appear on radio and television, when accepting their prizes and/or after having received their prizes.
2. The winner/s will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of their images or participation in the Promoters’ marketing material so far as it relates to the Competition. Such publication will be without any liability to the Promoters and without remuneration due to the winner.
3. By participating in this Competition, all participants are deemed to have read and understood the Terms and Conditions of the social media sites of Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, Promoters website, and of the participants’ mobile network service provider and participants further allow the Promoters permission to publish his/her name and photograph on the Promoters’ social media pages. Copyright, intellectual property rights, image rights and any other rights vesting in any competition footage, posts and photographs (whether depicting the winner and partner or not) shall remain the property of the Promoters, who reserves the right to use it in any way.
1. The Promoter may in its sole and absolute discretion amend these terms and conditions at any time, by publishing the revised terms and conditions on the website in Clause 6 of the Schedule.
2. The Competition is not open to any director, member, partner, owner, employee, agent of, consultant to, or anyone associated with or affiliated to the Promoter.
3. In the event of a dispute regarding any aspect of the Competition and/or these terms and conditions, the Promoter’s decision will be binding and final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. In the event of a dispute regarding a winner chosen in accordance with above, the decision of an independent admitted attorney duly appointed by the Promoter will be final and binding and no other correspondence will be entered into.
5. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate the Competition at any time and without notice to the Participants.
6. All enquiries regarding the Competition should be sent to the Promoter at the details set out in Clause 7 of the Schedule.
1. Competition Name
Dettol Springboks Shoprite Competition 2023.
2. Competition Period
2.1 This Competition will commence at 00:01 on 10 July 2023 and will close on 12 November 2023 at 23:59.
2.2. Entries received after the closing date and time will not be considered. The Organizer Promoter will not be held responsible for any entries not being received due to technical issues.
3. Qualifying Reckitt Benckiser Goods
Participants are required to purchase any Dettol products (Excluding Dettol Antiseptic Liquid (brown)) from any of the participating SHOPRITE stores.
4. Prize Details
4.1. Stand a chance to winThe Prize to be won is 1 of 1000 Rugby Fan Shirts.
(Participants to note that sizes of the Rugby Fan shirts will be based on availability and winners are not guaranteed their exact shirt size.
4.2. Participants may enter multiple times, however regardless of the number of entries, Participants will only be entitled to 1 (One) prize should they be drawn as the winner. There will only be 1 (One) prize per winner.
4.3. The Prize does not cover any other costs of the Winner whatsoever which is not mentioned in these terms and conditions and the Promoters will not be liable or responsible to the wWinner for any such costs.
4.4. The Prize will not be transferable or negotiable.
4.5. This Competition will be limited to the Republic of South Africa.
4.6. Winners will be required to agree to their names being posted on the Promoters social media pages, however shall inform the Promoters to opt-out accordingly.in alignment with the Dettol Springboks 2023 marketing campaign.
5. Entry Mechanic
5.1. Participants are required to purchase any Dettol products (Excluding Dettol Antiseptic Liquid (Brown)) from any of the participating SHOPRITE stores.
5.2. Dial *120*23233# and follow the Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) prompts, with your purchased products on hand.
5.3. You will be requested to enter the last 4 (four) digits of your product barcode, followed by your full name and surname. By proceeding, you consent that the Personal Information you give can be used by the Promoter and/or its agents for the purposes of this Competition.
5.4. You will further be required to complete the USSD prompts.
5.5. USSD will be charged at standard rates of 60c / min. By entering this Competition, it will be deemed that the Participant and/ or account payer has agreed to the standard rates.
5.6. Retain your till slip as proof of purchase dated prior to the closing of this Competition.
5.7. Only till slips from participating SHOPRITE stores dated within the Competition dates will be valid.
5.8. The Promoters have the right to disqualify any Participant that cannot produce a valid till slip.
6. The Competition Draw
6.1. The draw for the finalist/s will take place within 15 (Fifteen) working days of the closing date of the competition (by no later than 26 November 2023).
6.2. Finalist/s will be selected by a random system-generated-draw overseen by an independent auditor.
6.3. The finalist/s will need to go through a verification/ vetting process and will be required to provide the following to the Promoters:
a) Proof of purchase by means of a valid till slip,
b) Identification Documents; and
c) Proof of residency through a certified copy of a utility bill, a bank statement, lease agreement or a retail account not older than 3 months.
6.4. The finalists will also be vetted to ensure that they have not won a previous Competition organized by Promoter within the past 183 days, that they are not related to anyone who is a previous winner or reside at the same address as any previous winner or use the same telephone number as a previous winner of any competition run by the Promoter within the past 183 days. If the answer is yes to any of these, the finalist will not be allowed to be a winner in terms of these terms and conditions. Any fraudulent activity confirmed or suspected will automatically allow the Promoter to disqualify this finalist/s.
6.5. Once the finalists have been verified, a final winner will be selected from these eligible and certified finalist/s and the selection process will be overseen by an independent person in terms of the Consumer Protection Act. Once this process is completed the prize will be delivered to the recipient.
7. Website for Terms and Conditions
Competition terms and conditions, visit https://www.dettol.co.za/
8. Enquiry Phone Number and Email Address
0861 11 11 00