Terms & Conditions: Dettol Colds and Flu Competiton 2017
- GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- 1.1. This Promotional Competition (“Competition”) is organised and run by Dettol and Reckitt Benckiser South Africa (Proprietary) Limited, including its affiliates, partners, associations and agents (“Organisers”). The Competition is open for entry by all South African residents of 18 years and older with a valid South African identity book, except employees of the Organisers and its advertising and/or promotion agencies, outlet owners, retailers and wholesalers that form part of the Competition and their immediate families (“Participants”). The Competition is not open for entry by or on behalf of a legal entity and Participants cannot use the account of a legal entity to enter the Competition.
- 1.2. This Promotion is open from 20 May 2017 to 31 July 2017. Any entries received after midnight on the last day will not be valid and will not be considered.
- 1.3. By entering this Competition, all Participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, which will be interpreted by the Organisers and the Organisers ’ decision regarding any issue with the Competition will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. This is a Short Message System (“SMS”) based Competition. Entry will only be via SMS, all networks supported. Entry confirmation will be sent via SMS to all successful entrants. SMS costs R1.50.
- 1.4. No responsibility will be accepted for any entry that is not delivered, received or is delayed or damaged due to technical reasons or otherwise. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. It is the Participant’s responsibility to ensure that they receive a response within 48 hours of entering the promotion. In the event that no response is received, the Participant is required to contact the Organisers on Consumer Care line 0861 11 11 00. If the participant does not follow this process and does not receive a response, their entry will not be considered. If the Organisers has not received this request, the Organisers will assume that the Participant has received a response.
- WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY
- 2.1. To the extent allowed by law, The Participant agree that The Organisers shall not be liable to The Participants or any other person or entity whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage:
- 2.1.1. caused by or arising from any fact or circumstance beyond the reasonable control of The Organisers ;
- 2.1.2. which is consequential or incidental loss or damage;
- 2.1.3. of whatever nature and howsoever arising from or in connection with your Participation and/or your use/consumption of the Rewards and/or any arrangement with any Rewards Partner;
- 2.1.4. which is a result of any downtime, outage, interruption in or unavailability of the Call Centre or Website, attributable to any cause whatsoever, including (but not limited to) repairs and maintenance, any breakdown in any service provided by any communications service provider (including line failure) as well as by any external communications networks and/or networks of any internet service providers;
- 2.1.5. arising from any disclosure or use of any information The Participant provide to The Organisers , whether such disclosure is in accordance with the provisions of these Terms and conditions or otherwise; and/or
- 2.1.6. arising from a breach of any security system which may be implemented by The Organisers and/or any service provider to The Organisers.
- 2.2. ABSA Bank may, for reasons outside the control of The Organisers, cease providing the Rewards in whole or in part and The Organisers is accordingly entitled to summarily terminate your Participation in such instances. This clause limits and excludes obligations, liabilities and legal responsibilities which The Organisers will have towards The Participant and also limits and excludes your rights and remedies and places various risks, liabilities, obligations and legal responsibilities on The Participant.
- 2.1. To the extent allowed by law, The Participant agree that The Organisers shall not be liable to The Participants or any other person or entity whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage:
3.1. To the extent allowed by law, The Participant hereby indemnify and hold The Organisers free from liability for loss or damage of whatever nature and howsoever arising from your Participation and/or your failure to comply with any provision and/or obligation under these terms and conditionss. This clause constitutes an assumption of risk and/or liability by The Participant under which The Participant indemnify The Organisers against certain liabilities and which may result in The Participant being liable for additional costs and liabilities.
- 4.1. Participants will be required to provide certain personal information (where applicable), including (but not limited to), their name, surname, identity number, physical address, postal address, email address and cell phone number.
- 4.2. This clause applies to all personal information collected or submitted to The Organisers as set out above as well as any other personal information provided by The Participant to The Organisers at any time.
- 4.3. Should The Participant fail to provide his/her personal information to The Organisers, The Participant may not be able to participate.
4.4. Subject to 4.5, The Organisers will use your personal information for all purposes relating to these terms and conditions and/or in order for The Organisers to provide the Rewards including, but not limited to, the arranging and booking of the Rewards and for purposes generally relating to participation and the Rewards.
- 4.5. The Organisers may use your personal information for marketing purposes for their other products.
- 4.6. Subject to 4.5 and 4.7, The Organisers will not share any of your personal information with any third party except where such disclosure is necessary to enable The Organisers to provide, deliver or in any other way give effect to these terms and conditions and/or the Rewards, where such disclosure is required by law or where The Participant consent to The Organisers sharing your personal information.
- 4.7. The Participant hereby agree to The Organisers disclosing and sharing your personal information with entities within the Machine group of companies.
- 4.8. To the extent that The Organisers share your personal information with third parties in accordance with clauses 6 and 7, The Organisers will require, to the extent possible, that such parties conform to The Organisers’s privacy standards.
- 4.9. The Organisers will record all telephone calls made to and from the Call Centre. In the event that Participation is concluded via the Call Centre, such telephone calls will be recorded, as contemplated in the CPA, to constitute the record of the transaction concluded.
- 4.10. The Participant hereby expressly agree that The Organisers may:
- 4.10.1. collect, receive, record, organize, collate, store, update, modify, retrieve, alter, consult, use, disseminate or obtain any of the personal information set out above;
- 4.10.2. use your personal information for the purposes set out above;
- 4.10.3. transfer your personal information to third parties in a foreign country where this is required for the facilitation of any transfers of information or where this is required in order to give effect to the Rewards.
- 4.11. The Participant may request that The Organisers correct your personal information, should it come to your attention that The Organisers’s records are incorrect. Should The Participant wish to access your personal information or rectify it, please contact the Call Centre.
- 4.12. The Organisers shall protect your personal information as required by law. However, to the extent allowed by law, The Organisers shall not be liable to The Participant or any other person or entity whatsoever, in respect of the unauthorised disclosure of your personal information.
- 4.13. In accordance with POPI, The Participant may request the Organisers to review which of your personal information it holds and may request for the Organisers to delete such information, please contact the Call Centre. This clause limits and excludes obligations, liabilities and legal responsibilities which The Organisers will have towards The Participant and also limits and excludes your rights and remedies and places various risks, liabilities, obligations and legal responsibilities on The Participant.
- CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT
- 5.1. Nothing in these terms and conditions:
- 5.1.1. limits or exempts The Organisers from liability for any loss directly or indirectly attributable to the gross negligence of The Organisers or any person acting for or controlled by The Organisers to the extent that the law does not allow this;
- 5.1.2. requires The Participant to assume risk or liability for this kind of loss to the extent that the law does not allow this.
- 5.2. If these terms and conditions and/or any goods and/or services provided under these terms and conditions are regulated by the CPA, it is not intended that any provision of these terms and conditions contravenes any provision of the CPA and therefore all provisions of these terms and conditions must be treated as being qualified, if necessary, to ensure that the provisions of the CPA are complied with.
- 5.1. Nothing in these terms and conditions:
- 6.1. SMSes will be charged at standard rates of R1.50 each – free SMS’es and minutes does not apply. Errors will be billed. By entering this Competition it will be deemed that the account payer has agreed to the charges.
- 6.2. USSD costs 20c per 20 seconds. Free SMSes or minutes do not apply.
- 6.3. Customer will receive instant SMS response communicating if they have won or not.
- 6.4. This Competition will run for a limited time, from 20 May 2017 to 31 July 2017 (“campaign period”).
- 6.5. Entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
- 6.6. To enter this Competition, all Participants are required to –
- 6.6.1. Purchase Any qualifying Dettol product (Dettol Anti Septic Liquid is specifically excluded from this competition) and SMS the last 4 (four) digits of the Dettol product/s’ barcode to 48421.
- 6.6.2. SMS costs R1.50. Free SMSes or minutes do not apply.
- 6.6.3. Retain the till slip as proof of purchase.
- 6.7. There will be two competitions, a R5 000 000 competition and a Television competition.
- 6.8. A Participant will be limited to enter the promotion a maximum of 100 times during the campaign period (based on valid entries).
- 6.9. A Participant can win once in the R5 000 000 competition and once in the TV competition.
- 6.10. A Participant is not guaranteed a prize.
- 6.11. R5 000 000 Competition
- 126.96.36.199. There are a maximum of 12416 (twelve thousand four hundred and sixteen) cash prizes broken down into the following number of prizes per denomination:
- 188.8.131.52.1. 1 (one) cash prize of R100 000.00 (one hundred thousand Rand).
- 184.108.40.206.2. 5 (five) cash prizes of R50 000.00 (fifty thousand Rand).
- 220.127.116.11.3. 10 (ten) cash prizes of R20 000.00 (twenty thousand Rand).
- 18.104.22.168.4. 200 (two hundred) cash prizes of R10 000.00 (ten thousand Rand).
- 22.214.171.124.5. 50 (fifty) cash prizes of R5 000.00 (five thousand Rand).
- 126.96.36.199.6. 50 (fifty) cash prizes of R2 000.00 (two thousand Rand).
- 188.8.131.52.7. 100 (one hundred) cash prizes of R1000.00 (one thousand Rand).
- 184.108.40.206.8. 2000 (two thousand) cash prizes of R500.00 (five hundred Rand).
- 220.127.116.11.9. 10 000 (ten thousand) cash prizes of R100.00 (one hundred Rand).
- 18.104.22.168. Participants are not guaranteed a prize, but stand a chance to win a prize.
- 22.214.171.124. Participants may enter once per day.
- 6.11.2. Draw:
126.96.36.199. The winners will be selected via a random system-generated-draw and the draw process will be overseen by an independent qualified person,in terms of the Consumer Protection Act.
- 6.11.3. Notification and Redemption: Winners of R2001 and over
- 188.8.131.52. If the amount of the daily cash prizes won is more than the amount of R2000.00 (two thousand Rand) the winner will be sent a notification via SMS with a unique pin code advising the winner to dial into a USSD string and enter the unique pin.
- 184.108.40.206. If entry is successfully verified the winner will receive a SMS with a unique pin code advising the winner to call a dedicated call centre number to redeem their cash prize.
- 220.127.116.11. Winners of values of R2000.00 (two thousand Rand) and more will be required to provide a copy of a bank stamped banking details and a copy of their ID. The Organisers cannot be held liable for incorrect banking details being supplied.
- 18.104.22.168. The winners will provide a copy of their bank stamped banking details and a copy of their identity document to the Organisers within thirty (30) working days of calling in.
- 22.214.171.124. The cash prize will be deposited into the winners supplied account via an Electronic Fund Transfer within fifteen (15) working days of all correct documentation being received by the Organisers. Winners of R2000 and under
- 126.96.36.199. If the amount of the daily cash prize is equal to or less than the amount of R2000.00 (two thousand Rand) the winner will be sent a notification via SMS with a unique pin code advising the winner to dial into a USSD string and enter the unique pin to activate their ABSA Cash Send prize.
- 188.8.131.52. If the entry is a successfully verified winners, the cash prize winner will be sent an ABSA branded SMS with a 10 digit pin code. The winner will then also receive a second SMS with a 6 digit code and the value of the prize.
- 184.108.40.206. To claim the cash prize, winners will need to go to an ABSA ATM (ABSA Cash Expresses are not included).
- 220.127.116.11. At the ATM the winner will need to choose the CashSend option on the screen, enter in the 10 digit code found in the first SMS and click proceed/ continue/ enter.
- 18.104.22.168. Then enter the 6 digit code pin code found in the second SMS and click proceed/ continue/ enter.
- 22.214.171.124. After entering the full value of the prize at the ATM, the ATM will give you your money with a receipt. If the winner does not draw the full amount, they will forfeit the rest of their prize.
- 126.96.36.199. The cash send must be redeemed within 30 days of receiving the ABSA CashSend SMSes.
- 188.8.131.52. Only one redemption per 10 digit is allowed.
- 184.108.40.206. For any problems in redeeming the cash prize at the ATM, the winner can call the ABSA helpline on 0860 111 123.
- 6.12. TV Competition:
- 6.12.1. Prizes:
- 220.127.116.11. There is a maximum of 1 (one) cash prize per week up to the value of R10 000.00 (ten thousand rand) per week for the period of 7 (seven) weeks.
- 18.104.22.168. [Draws will take place on the 22 May; 29 May ; 5 June ; 12 June 2017]
- 22.214.171.124. The TV cash Prize does not cover any other costs of the winner whatsoever, and shall not exceed the amount of R10 000.00 (ten thousand Rand).
- 126.96.36.199. Regardless of the amount of entries, there will be only 1 (one) R10 000.00 winner announced per week;
- 188.8.131.52. Participants may enter once per day and for the sake of clarity winners of the TV Prizes – can only win 1 (one) of 7 (seven) TV Prizes.
- 6.12.2. Draw
- 184.108.40.206. Each week an independent qualified person in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, will draw the weekly cash winner and
- send these details though to Dettol for the TV airing.
- 220.127.116.11. TV Show will air on SABC 2 Thursdays at 21h30 from 8 June to 20 July.
- 18.104.22.168. In the event that a winner is ineligible to accept a prize in terms of the competition rules, or is unable or fails to accept a prize for any reason whatsoever, a replacement winner will be randomly drawn from the names drawn from remaining qualifying Participants in accordance with the same process as applicable to the original draw.
- 22.214.171.124. The Organisers reserve the right to randomly draw an alternative winner in the event that that they reasonably believe, in their sole discretion, that the drawn winner has contravened any of these terms and conditions or is suspected of ant irregularities or fraudulent activities. The Organisers ’ decision shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6.12.3. Notification and Redemption:
- 126.96.36.199. The winners will be contacted via telephone on the telephone number used to send the SMS.
- 188.8.131.52. The winner will partake in the weekly Game Show where the winner stands a chance to win up to the value of R10000 cash.
- 184.108.40.206. Winners will be contacted during office hours 8h00 - 17h00
- 220.127.116.11. Winners will be required to provide a copy of a bank stamped banking details and a copy of their ID. The Organisers cannot be held liable for incorrect banking details being supplied.
- 18.104.22.168. For winners of the weekly cash prize; the Organisers will make 3 (three) attempts telephonically during office hours on the day of the draw to contact and notify the selected winners. If the selected winners cannot be contacted personally after 3 (three) attempts, the winners will forfeit the prizes and a replacement winner will be selected from the names drawn from remaining qualifying Participants. This process shall continue until the winner has been contacted in terms of the competition rules.
- 22.214.171.124. In addition and in the event that the winners are ineligible to accept the Weekly or Daily Prize in terms of the Competition rules, or is unable or fails to accept the Weekly or Daily Prize for any reason whatsoever, a replacement winner will be selected from the names drawn from remaining qualifying Participants in accordance with the same process as applicable to the draw.
- The Organisers reserve the right to –
- 7.1. Select an alternative winner in the event that that they reasonably believe, in their sole discretion, that the drawn winner has contravened any of these terms and conditions. The Organisers ’ decision shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into;
- 7.2. Draw the winners on any alternative day should the need arise due to unforeseen circumstances.
- 7.3. Only the owner of the MSDISN used to enter the promotion will be able to redeem the reward
- 7.4. Should the winners verbally or otherwise agree to it, the Organisers may publish the winner’s name, surname and images, including photographs, on, inter alia, the Organiser’s Facebook page and/or television without any liability to the Organisers or remuneration due to the winner?
- 7.5. The Competition, its prizes, and any terms and/or conditions surrounding it may be amended by reasonable notification at any time during the Competition, and will be applied and interpreted at the sole discretion of the Organisers. Such altered terms and conditions and/or Prize shall become effective immediately after being altered or on such date as may be determined by the Organisers. No Participants shall have any recourse against the Organisers as a result of the alterations of the terms and conditions and/or or Prize.
- 7.6. The Organisers reserve the right to extend, reasonably shorten or suspend the time period of the Competition whenever it should so choose for technical, commercial, or operation reasons, or for the greater public good, or due to a “force majeure” or generally for any reason whatsoever within its sole discretion, on condition that it notifies the Participants in a manner that is expedient according to its best ability.
- 7.7. The Organisers and its agencies reserve the right to correct any errors and omissions. These terms and conditions will supersede any errors or omissions on any publicly communicated documentation or marketing material.
- 7.8. The Organisers reserves the right to terminate this Competition immediately at any stage, whether required as a result of changes in legislation, or if required by any national, provincial or municipal authority, or within the sole discretion of the Organisers for any reason whatsoever. Notice of such termination shall be published on the Competition website or on any other suitable forum. In such an event, all Participants waive any rights that they may have/purport to have in terms of this Competition, and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Organisers whatsoever.
- 7.9. Participants and the winners indemnify the Organisers , its associated and subsidiary companies, and its directors, officers and employees, against any and all claims for any loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever from their participation in any way howsoever in this Competition.
- 7.10. The Organisers s may refuse to award a prize to a participant if there is suspicion of any irregularities or fraudulent activities.
- South African law shall govern these competition rules and the courts of South Africa shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
IMPORTANT LEGAL NOTICE
ATTENTION Access to and use of this site and all Reckitt Benckiser sites (hereinafter defined as “Site/ Sites“) are subject to the following terms and conditions and all applicable laws. By viewing this Site, you agree to its terms; if you do not agree to its terms, do not view this Site. Our Sites may contain additional terms and conditions that shall be applicable to the use of those Sites. In the event that there is any conflict between the terms and conditions contained herein and the additional terms on any of our Sites then these terms shall take precedence. Reckitt Benckiser reserves the right to revise these terms and conditions and/or to terminate without notice access to the Sites at any time. You should check the Sites from time to time to check the then current Legal Notice and other additional terms and conditions, because they are binding on you.
You may browse this Site for personal entertainment and information. You may download on one computer or print any material on the Site for your own non- commercial, educational, private or domestic use only. However, you may not distribute, modify, transmit or revise the contents of this Site without written permission of Reckitt Benckiser. You may not link to the Site from a third party site without our prior written permission.
Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on the Site (including without limitation photographs and graphical images) are owned by Reckitt Benckiser or its licensors. Neither title nor intellectual property rights are transferred to any third party through the use or access to this Site; rather, all rights, title, and interest in and to all aspects of this Site remain the sole property of Reckitt Benckiser or its licensors. The Reckitt Benckiser Sites are protected under copyright and other applicable laws. If you breach any of the terms in this Legal Notice or any Sites, your permission to use the Sites automatically terminates. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
If you wish to formally communicate with Reckitt Benckiser concerning a legal matter, please contact your local Reckitt Benckiser Company. Our corporate site at reckittbenckiser.com contains a list of our local companies.
The material on the Site is provided “as is“, without any conditions, warranties, representations or other terms of any kind. Reckitt Benckiser makes no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the content of this Site or any site(s) "hot-linked" to this Site. Reckitt Benckiser may make changes to content at any time without notice. The material on the Site may be out of date and Reckitt Benckiser makes no commitment to update such material. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, Reckitt Benckiser provides you with the Site on the basis that Reckitt Benckiser excludes all representations, warranties, conditions, and other terms, which, but for this Legal Notice might have effect in relation to the Site.
Sites which are designed to provide information about our healthcare products or licensed medicines are not intended to provide medical advice or instructions as to use but only as general information which should not be relied upon by any individual or for any specific purpose. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist for advice on treatment of individual circumstances and needs.
Reckitt Benckiser (including any of its affiliates and any officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of Reckitt Benckiser and its affiliates) shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of: (a) the ability (or inability) to access this Site, (b) the use (or inability to use) any content of this Site, or (c) the content of any site(s) "hot-linked" to this Site. In addition, Reckitt Benckiser does not warrant that this Site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components; you (and not Reckitt Benckiser) assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair, or correction and any award in any related proceedings shall be limited to monetary damage and shall include no injunction or direction to any party other than the direction to pay a monetary amount.
By posting or transmitting to this Site over the Internet you are warranting to Reckitt Benckiser that the material is and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. By transmitting or posting any communication or material to this Site you agree that Reckitt Benckiser and any of its affiliates may use your communication and/or material for any purpose, including reproduction, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting. Reckitt Benckiser is under no obligation to respond to messages posted to this Site, nor need Reckitt Benckiser provide any compensation for any such communication and/or material. Please be aware that applicable national law governs the type of material that can be posted to a website; and you must not contravene any such laws including those that prohibit threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent or profane material, or post any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence or in contravention of any other applicable law.
Reckitt Benckiser is unable to and accepts no responsibility to review communications or materials posted to its Sites. However, Reckitt Benckiser does reserve the right, using its sole discretion, to remove any communications or materials that it considers unacceptable for whatever reason.
Reckitt Benckiser only purports to use names, logos or marks appearing in this Site in those territories in which it or its affiliates are entitled to do so, whether by virtue of pending or registered trademarks, licenses, or otherwise. For the avoidance of doubt, Reckitt Benckiser does not purport to use any name, logo or mark in anyterritory in which it is not so entitled, and will not supply or offer to supply products and/or services bearing any such name, logo or mark into any such territory. The use or misuse of these trademarks or any other content on this Site, except as provided in these terms and conditions or in the Site content, is strictly prohibited.
Your use of this website is governed by the laws of South Africa
These Terms and Conditions are effective as of January 2008.
Ó 2001-2007 Reckitt Benckiser South Africa (Pty.) Limited All rights reserved.
‘Reckitt Benckiser South Africa (Pty.) Limited
Registered office at 8 Jet Park Rd, Elandsfontein, 1406. No.