A happy home is a healthy home. And a healthy home is one that has good home hygiene at its heart. That means doing all you can to protect you and your family from diseases caused by bacteria. It is important to make use of antibacterial household cleaning products, such as disinfectant cleaning sprays and all-purpose cleaners.
Some bacteria can survive on surfaces for up to 24 hours. If these are on surfaces that you frequently come in contact with, then they can be a real hazard to your health. Obviously, you can’t kill every germ in your home but regularly cleaning and disinfecting these high risk areas (we call them ‘germ hotspots’) will help to protect you & your family from picking up or spreading potentially illnesses causing bacteria. The germ hotspots include
In the kitchen:
- Kitchen sink and taps.
- Cleaning cloths and sponges.
- Worktop and cutting boards.
- Hand contact surfaces (kitchen, cupboard and fridge door handles, knobs and switches).
- Surfaces touched by pets or animals.
- Food and general area around rubbish bin.
- Fridge interior.
Our kitchen disinfectant and cleaning spray has been specifically designed for use in the bathroom.
In the bathroom:
- Toilet seat and flush handle.
- Sink, shower and bathroom taps.
- Damp corners where mould and mildew can grow.
Our bathroom disinfectant and cleaning spray has been specifically designed for use in the bathroom.
In the nursery:
- Changing mat and surrounding surfaces.
- Floor (if you have crawling children or toddlers) and play mat.
- Children’s toys.
Our all-purpose cleaner liquid has been specially made for cleaning and disinfecting floors and other surfaces.
In the lounge and bedroom:
- TV remote control.
- Telephone handset.
- Light switches.
Our multi-purpose cleaner cream has been specifically manufactured for cleaning and disinfecting most surfaces.
Using the appropriate Dettol cleaning products as part of your cleaning routine will help protect you and your family and give you that extra reassurance that these ‘hotspots’ represent a lower risk to your families health.