Terms & Conditions
1. This Promotional Competition (“Competition”) is organised and run by Dettol and Reckitt Benckiser South Africa (Proprietary) Limited, including its affiliates, partners, associations and agents (“Organisers”). The Competition is open for entry by all South African residents of 18 years and older with a valid South African identity document, except employees of the organisers and its advertising and/or promotion agencies, outlet owners, retailers and wholesalers that form part of the Competition, their immediate families or anyone who within a period of 183 days preceding this Competition has won any competition organised, promoted, or conducted by Reckitt Benckiser South Africa (Proprietary) Limited or On Line Advertising or who resides at the same address as such a Winner, or uses the same telephone number to enter this Competition. The Competition is not open for entry by or on behalf of a legal entity and participants cannot use the account of a legal entity to enter the Competition.
2. By entering this competition, all participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, which be interpreted by the organisers and the organisers’ decision regarding any issue with the competition will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
3. This is a Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) based competition. Entry will only be via USSD, all networks supported. Entry confirmation will be sent via USSD to all successful entrants.
4. No responsibility will be accepted for any entry that is not delivered, received or is delayed or damaged due to technical reasons or otherwise. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
5. USSD will be charged at standard rates of 0.20c / 20 seconds. By entering this competition it will be deemed that the account payer has agreed to the charges.
6. To enter this competition, all participants are required to –
6.1 buy any participating Dettol products EXCLUDING Dettol Antiseptic Liquid products from a participating store and
6.2 Dial *120*23233# with your till slip.
6.3 You will be requested to enter the last 4 digits of your Dettol product barcode and then will be required to complete 3 questions, including the till slip number from the store that you bought your Dettol product from.
6.4 Retain your till slip as proof of purchases dated prior to the closing of this competition
7. This competition will run for a limited time, from 1 January to 15 March 2018 at 23:59. Entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
8.1 The prize’s are as follows-
8.1.1 1 (one) of 100 (one hundred) iPad mini 4 tablets to the value of R5,999 (Five Thousand Nine Hundred and Ninety Nine Rand) each including VAT.
8.2 Participants may enter multiple times, however regardless of the amount of entries, participants will only be entitled to 1 (one) prize should they be drawn as the winner.
8.3 The prizes do not cover any other costs of the winner whatsoever and the prizes do not include insurance, which is highly recommended before the winner takes ownership of the prize.
8.4 The prizes are not exchangeable for cash, and will not be transferable or negotiable.
8.5 The organisers reserve the right to substitute the prizes for an alternative prize of equal or greater value should the prices promoted not be available due to unforeseen circumstances.
8.6 This competition will be limited to the Republic of South Africa.
9. Competition Draw
9.1 The winners will be selected by a random system-generated-draw and the draw will
be overseen by an independent person in terms of the Consumer Protection Act.
9.2 The draw will take place within 15 (fifteen) working days of the closing date of the competition.
9.3 The winner will be contacted via telephone on the telephone number used to send
the USSD within 3 (three) working days of the final draw taking place;
9.4 The organisers will make 3 (three) attempts telephonically to contact and notify the selected winner. If the selected winner cannot be contacted personally after 3 (three) attempts, the winner will forfeit the prize and a replacement winner will be selected from the names drawn from remaining qualifying participants. This process shall continue until the winner has been contacted in terms of the competition rules.
9.5 In addition and in the event that a winner is ineligible to accept a prize in terms of the competition rules, or is unable or fails to accept a prize for any reason whatsoever, a replacement winner will be selected from the names drawn from remaining qualifying participants in accordance with the same process as applicable to the original draw.
9.6 The organisers reserve the right to select an alternative winner in the event that they reasonably believe, in their sole discretion, that the drawn winner has contravened any of these terms and conditions. The organisers’ decision shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10.1 The winners will need to provide the following to the Organisers within 15 (fifteen) working days of date notified of their prize, in order to receive their prize-
10.3.1 Positive identification to the Organisers
10.3.2 Proof of purchase by way of till slip from participating stores, dated prior to
the end date of the competition.
10.2 Regardless of the amount of entries per participant, there will be only 1 (one) individual winner per prize
11. Should the winner verbally or otherwise agree to it, the organisers may publish the winner’s name, surname and images, including photographs, on, inter alia, the organiser’s Facebook page without any liability to the organisers or remuneration due to the winner.
12. The competition, its prizes, and any terms and / or conditions surrounding it may be amended by reasonable notification at any time during the competition, and will be applied and interpreted at the sole discretion the organisers. Such altered terms and conditions and/or prize shall become effective immediately after being altered or on such date as may be determined by the organisers. No participants shall have any recourse against the organisers as a result of the alterations of the terms and conditions and /or or prize.
13. The organisers reserve the right to extend, reasonably shorten or suspend the time period of the competition whenever it should so choose for technical, commercial, or operation reasons, or for the greater public good, or due to a “force majeure” or generally for any reason whatsoever within its sole discretion, on condition that it notifies the participants in a manner that is expedient according to its best ability.
14. The organisers reserves the right to terminate this competition immediately at any stage, whether required as a result of changes in legislation, or if required by any national, provincial or municipal authority, or within the sole discretion of the organisers for any reason whatsoever. Notice of such termination shall be published on the competition website or on any other suitable forum. In such an event, all participants waive any rights that they may have/purport to have in terms of this competition, and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the organisers whatsoever.
15. All participants and the winners indemnify the organisers, its associated and subsidiary companies, and its directors, officers and employees, against any and all claims for any loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever from their participation in any way howsoever in this competion.
16. South African law shall govern these competition rules and the courts of South Africa shall have exclusive jurisdiction.